"When life gives you rain, God gives you rainbows." ~ Unknown Author

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

What Life Becomes An Obstacle Course

I have had some intense support and prayers, and I really appreciate it. It means so much to me to have others praying in our corner and sharing their own struggles and triumphs as well. I had a few days of grief, from trying absorb everything that came back from Jiliang's Heart MRI. With the support and prayers from others, I have been able to get back into my routine and hope for the best this Friday. Writing is the best medicine for putting my emotions into perspective, so I am thankful for this writing forum.
Whenever it seems that I am on to something good, feeling hopeful, and immersed in my faith, I am suddenly bombarded by obstacles - a sequence of very negative, time-consuming events that occur. For instance, Jiliang's immigration paperwork, Green card, and Social Security card all came back in her Chinese name. When the insurance company processed her referrals, they mixed them up with my name, and even mixed up the doctors. I did not know that a cardiologist could do a CT of the skull. :) These are just a few examples of annoying events that will have me running all over the place and paying more money for name changes, legal papers, and causing spurs in the finalization of Jiliang's adoption. Certainly, I would rather be bonding with my children or playing Hide-and-go-Seek during this crucial attachment period. Of course, there are always your typical day-to-day annoyances, and that is just life.
During the adoption process, I felt the pressure of "obstacles" in an asinine propensity. There were even times in the process when I felt like we were going to defeated by "obstacles".
This is why this quote is so precious to me:
"When everything comes against you, oftentimes it's because God has something great in store." - Joel Osteen
I truly believe that when we are on to something good, and we are basking in God's glory, we are going to see more obstacles.
Fortunately, I feel that my faith and perseverance have both been tested to the core these last few years, and more specifically during these last few months, leaving me stronger and more stubborn in regards to perservering. So when these annoying things pop up lately, I get irritated, yes; but not enough to dampen my hope or ruin my day. I get mad and I feel that ultimately I am not going to let anything stand in the way of my joy, my faith, or my family's happiness.
What I have learned is to hold on to hope for something positive, and deal with everything one day at a time. You have to shrug off the irrating spurs in life and move forward with a faithful, hopeful heart. That is not to say that I won't be pulling my hair out tomorrow, but I have learned that things ALWAYS work out when you lean on your faith. Stay clear of negative things and negative people; and don't let obstacles bring you down.
So when you are at the end of your rope, just learn to shrug it off and go with flow. Things always work out, and with God, anything is possible. Hope, pray and hold out for the best, because it is always just around the corner. As one of my commenters, Lisa A., stated, "No One Can Take Your HOPE Away-unless you let them!"
I have a lot of friends who have helped and supported me in my time of need and I felt the need to write this today, because as I hurdle through my own challenges, several people who have lifted me up in my greatest times of need are being challenged exponentially. I want to give them the same hope and encouragement that they gave me when I needed it the most: Hope, Prayer, Love, and Perseverance!
My heart has been heavy all day for several people who are suffering at this time - people who have carried me through crucial times with their words of faith and wisdom.
If this blog has touched your heart, and you feel the need to pray for someone, please do it now. I also ask that you please pray for the Sizemore family - they are a wonderful family desperately trying to bring home their beautiful son, Jeremiah, from Taiwan. He is a little guy with Cerebral Palsy. He has recently become sick, and his health is deteriorating. You can help by praying for him fervently, so they he will be able to make it home to a family that is committed to loving him and caring for him forever. Please visit their blog, and if you wish to donate even a dollar, it could make all the difference in the world to little Jeremiah, for we are powerful in numbers. Please visit Jeremiah's site at:
http://tillgodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com/ or click on my Jeremiah box in the right hand corner of my blog.
God Bless You All! May you all be champions on your own obstacle courses.
Sincerely,
Jill :)

6 comments:

  1. Jill, thank you for doing this for Jeremiah! And I am praying for JiLiang!!

    Barbara in CT
    (co-owner/moderator LCC)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely Barbara! It is my pleasure to help him any way I can. Tami has been such a comfort to me.
    God Bless!
    Jill :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jill I am so thankful I read this post. I think we have hit every obstacle in our adoption process. We have a 6 year old girl waiting for us and she needs surgery soon. But I am going to take your advice and really know that its Gods plan and it will be done in HIS time.
    Brandee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely Brandee! It is hard to see the bigger picture or HIS plan when you in knee-deep, but you have to trust. People told me that during my process and it proved to be true over and over again.
    Jill :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be praying for her too Brandee!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jill,
    This is so beautifully written and your faith absolutely shine through!!!! I am praying for you and just went to the Siesmore blog as well.
    Hang in there, I know today is a big day! Praying hard over here!!!!
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete