It was so hard to leave last night. I felt a pull to stay, but I was told that she would be sedated all night, so I went home to be with T.J.
This morning, I woke up and felt that Jiliang had a bad night. I packed items to stay tonight as we anticipated that she might awaken today. T.J. asked me this morning, "Where's Jiliang? Why did you leave her at the hospital?" I explained. Then he said adamently "You shouldn't have left her there Mom. You need to stay all night with her." Those words haunted me this morning.
When we arrived, they were putting in a chest tube, because of excess fluid build-up around the lungs. She possibly has an infection, and she had a fever last night. Her nose is possibly infected too. They fought to keep her pulmonary pressures from rising above systemic. Those pressures are trying to go high and we need them low. She had a really tough night. She looks sick and stressed and weak. She is really struggling, so please keep her in your prayers.
Please keep the prayers coming. I may not answer all of the emails and posts, but I promise that I read them.


I'm so sorry she had a rough night. Prayers flowing. I have Jiliang's picture posted at the top of my blog sidebar with a link to your blog. I hope you don't mind. The more prayers the better!! Please know that I'm thinking of you, Jill.
ReplyDeleteHugs from another SN heart Mommy!!!
May God bless her and keep her strong! She has already proven she is a fighter. :) Prayers will continue...
ReplyDeleteLifting you all up in prayer today. If you get a chance listen to Jeremy Camp's song, Healing Hand of God. Our God's healing hand is very big and He is holding her and as hard as it is to fathom, He loves her even more than you do! Praying for miracles!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear of her bad night. I've just been so thrilled for you with all that's happened and going well for her surgery and the past few days. Will keep praying that the infection goes away and the Dr's can help her feel better. Do not feel guilty about not staying the night. It's important to get a good night's sleep for Mom's & Dad's too. A hospital stay is exhausting beyond belief and she needs you to be strong and feeling good as well in order to take care of her when she gets out of ICU.
ReplyDeleteTamara Lennard
I'll be praying.
ReplyDeletePraying for your daughter. Daily.
ReplyDeleteMy thought and prayer are with you!!!
ReplyDeleteJill, I know this can be very frightening. I am praying for both Jiliang's recovery and your whole family's sense of peace. God is good and he's holding you in the palm of his hand. Sending hugs your way--Petrie
ReplyDeleteJill,
ReplyDeleteI am sorry to hear that Jiliang had a rough night. It is so hard to watch your child go through all of the ups and downs following OHS. I am continuing to pray for her recovery and strength for your family.
Sending lots of hugs to you all! We are thinking of Jiliang and keeping her in our prayers...
ReplyDeleteMary Beth, Nate, & Evan
Praying for you and Jiliang. Our daughter was lying in the same PICU this time last year and I so remember the delicate balance of keeping her going. Don't beat yourself up for going home to sleep. You need to get your rest. She is sedated and is well taken care of at night. If you get run down and sick, you won't be able to be with her at all. I know it is so very hard to leave at night, but she needs you to be healthy. HUGS!!
ReplyDeleteThanks everyone for the prayers. Keep them coming. They certainly do help. She is doing a little better and I will keep you all posted.
ReplyDeleteBy the way, that is perfectly fine.
Jill :)
Oh Jill! I am SO sorry that it was a rough night. Please don't beat yourself up for not being there. She needs you to be healthy and I am sure you needed the rest.
ReplyDeletePlease know that we are praying, praying, praying.
Praises to God who is able to do things more abundantly, exceedingly than we could ever ask or imagine.
I am agreeing with all of you in prayer for Jiliang.
Blessings,
Peggy
Lots and lots of prayers and hugs :)
ReplyDeleteMonica
Dear Jill,
ReplyDeleteMark and I are so sad to hear that Jiliang had a rough night. Each day of her recovery with have its ups and downs. I am sure that as each day passes there will be way more ups, and lots less downs! Please remember that she is not only blessed with a wonderful loving Mama and family, she is also blessed with the best care possible, and also has GOD looking after her! Your faith, that amazing faith that has guided you and Scott through this journey to her, will also guide you through her complete recovery. Just know that we love you all so very much, and our thoughts and prayers are constant. So, chin up big kid, she will be playing toss the bunny at Cathy's head again very soon! Love and Hugs, Cathy
praying for your family!!!!
ReplyDeleteJill...I am just checking in from California. I am praying! Praying that they will find the perfect balance and that her body will heal. God has His hand on her and knows exactly what she needs. Lean on Him now...
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Shannon
Prayers - so sorry it was a hard night - you guys are in our hearts -
ReplyDeletehugs - aus and co.
Praying and Hugs
ReplyDeletepraying for your precious daugher,
ReplyDeletechad