Jiliang looked so much better today. The antibiotic was definitely doing its work. Yeah! No fever, no gooky nose, less fluid build-up. And guess what? Her numbers were looking better. She made such a remarkable recovery that there is a chance that she could be extubated tomorrow.
This morning, they guesstimated that she would be in the hospital for another 2 weeks, but we'll see how her recovery goes tomorrow and after she is extubated and awake. I am certain that she will thrive and expedite her recovery once she is awake and feeling secure. There are a lot of baby steps that still need to take place before the tube can come out, but I feel much more hopeful today.
This evening, she tried to sit up while Scott, T.J. and I were there. We were all laughing about something, and she must have felt left out, so she tried to sit up. Her hands were both restrained and she was using a lot of strength to put herself into a sitting position. This is the first time she has done this in our presence.
Anyhow, I put the sidebar down to get in a position to relax her. A few minutes later, water started gushing from the ventilator. Apparently, I pinched a hose and broke it. The nurse and a respiratory therapist assured me that it was no big deal. Luckily, it was anything life-threatening either. Scott was teasing T.J., and said that I needed to stay and work to pay for it by changing poopy diapers.
I am looking forward to more progression tomorrow. I will keep you all posted.
Jill :)


I'm so happy to hear the latest updates...even the respiratory story (you will have lots of laughs to share with her someday).
ReplyDeletePS. We were with my parents this evening at our daughter's band concert and the first thing my Mom asked was whether I had anymore updates on Jiliang. Lots of people are praying for your little sweetheart.