"When life gives you rain, God gives you rainbows." ~ Unknown Author

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Monday, April 26, 2010

Jiliang Update

Jiliang is having another rough day. Her numbers are not looking too bad, but every so often her pulmonary numbers spike and her 02 Sats drop, and come back up. I think the pneumonia is hitting her now. Her top lip is swollen about 3 sizes, she has had a fever, and has been having bloody noses.
T.J. came up with Scott, but I'm not letting him see her. I didn't get a hold of Scott in time, so they were already on their way. I don't want T.J. to see her with a bloody nose, and I don't want him to be exposed to pneumonia either. I am hoping that her antibiotic knocks some of it out by tomorrow. Because she is vulnerable from the surgery, it is unknown how it is going to affect her recovery, and that scares me. We are really getting tired of the emotional roller-coaster ride, so-to-speak.
I just wanted to put it out there that if you have a cold, flu or bug, please don't come around our daughter. She is currently very vulnerable in her current state, but in general, her heart condition may always leave her more susceptible colds due to her heart and lung disease, and she could have a harder time recovering. I just wanted to warn about her vulnerability, because it's very scary.

My girl is a fighter and I am just looking forward to the day when I can see her open her eyes. It is so hard seeing her with her eyes closed every day. I suppose if you are going to be sick, it is better to have some sleeping drugs, and amnesia drugs, right?
Please keep her in your prayers.
Thanks,
Jill

11 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear Jiliang is having a rough day. I know the feeling of being so ready to get off of the emotional rollercoaster following surgery and a difficult recovery. Hang in there and continue to take care of yourself! We are continuing to keep your family in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...poor baby. I'm so sorry that so much is going on. Prayers continue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been checking your blog and Chrissie's blog constantly. Praying that God will heal both these precious girls. Praying that you have peace and can get some rest.

    Blessings to you,
    Amy
    Proud Mama to Evie(CHD, cl/cp, home Aug '09)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jill, I have been praying fervently for both Jiliang and Chrissie for the past week. Both girls are on the top of my prayer list, and we prayed for them in Sunday school as well. I hope Jiliang feels better soon and that your heart can be at peace knowing your daughter is in his capable hands.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am constantly praying for your sweet Jiliang and Chrissie too. They are both such precious girls and it breaks my heart to see them in such a condition. Our God is BIG and HE is a miracle worker! Keep the faith and know there are many lifting you up to our Father!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Jill...the prayers continue for your precious girl. I simply can't imagine how hard this is for all of you, so I won't pretend to try. My heart just goes out to you as a fellow Mama with a precious daughter. I am going to tell my daughter in the morning about Jiliang. Even though she is only 4, she has a huge heart and she will pray hard for her too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry about the pneumonia. You are so right that taking them to the doctor is the worst: I always hold my breath when we have to go to the hospital for a check-up. "Don't touch the elevator buttons S!" "No, you can't drink from the water fountain!" On and on. And even if you avoid all of the obvious, there are sick people everywhere.

    You know, we ended up asking the front desk (when S was in PICU) to say "No visitors allowed." They were happy to oblige and it took it off of us. No one knew the directive came from us. :)))

    I wish I could come and bring you lunch from your favorite spot. Or come and take you out for a brief reprieve. I am so sorry it is going to slow, but I am so thankful Jillian is stable. I know she is sick but still she is stable and that is good news.

    Heart hugs from me Jill! I'm praying!!!
    Email me if you need anything, even just to vent. {{{{{HUGS}}}}} Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just catching up on your blog and wanted to agree with you about the hypervigilence causing kids to need more sedation. Our daughter did the same thing. They had to give her way more sedation than a 'regular' kid.

    I will continue to pray for your sweet girl. So sorry about the pneumonia complication. ugh. I can just picture all the doctors and nurses that you are talking about...although I don't remember their names anymore. They were just SO great and I know you know that Jiliang is in good hands.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Praying for your little sweetie!

    Sincerely,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  10. Continued prayers for your family. Thank you for sharing prayers and praises.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Jill,
    Another long day for your darling daughter as well as Mama, Daddy and TJ... Your wonderful faith will keep you all strong, and give you the daily energy needed to endure. Please remember to eat, hydrate and sleep! YOU must stay strong during these tense days of Jiliang's recovery! As you must know by now ;0)
    continued thoughts and prayers for Jiliang's speedy recovery. Love and Hugs to you all, Cathy
    PS - each day goes by is a day closer to her coming home!

    ReplyDelete