
Cake pictures, courtesy of Ladybugs 'N Love from Above (care packages to orphanages)
Jiliang's Best friend is the little girl in the red. I have always admired her sweet little manners.

Gao Ji Fang is the little girl in the red

I have always loved how my girl is totally digging into her cake! :) She still has a sweet tooth.
I received the pictures of Jiliang's best friend, Gao Ji Fang, who is 4 years old with a hand deformity. I couldn't even tell from all of her pics (mine and Jennifer's) that she had a hand deformity. I hope that her adoption goes through and that she gets a wonderful family. I wish that we could adopt her. Right now is bad timing for us anyways, but I am still sending a message to her orphanage that I want to make sure that she finds a family; and if her adoption does not go through, I will help her find a family or adopt her myself somehow. I am sure that she is already underway.
A week before I went to get Jiliang, I got Jiliang's cake pictures from Ladybugs 'N Love From Above with Ji Fang in them, sitting next to Jiliang. I thought that I had seen her pictures on a waiting child list somewhere, but I couldn't remember where. I checked everywhere, but could no longer find her. In addition my wonderful Jiliang, my mom and I both thought Ji Fang was absolutely precious too, as were all of the children in the photos.
My hope is that I can find Gao Ji Fang's adoptive parents. What a beautiful gift it would be to give them several pictures of their beautiful daughter with a happy, sweet face at her orphanage, as well as pictures of her little friends. It would be a joy to be able to reunite the two girls someday.
I am posting pictures on my blog of her from Jiliang's cake pictures from Ladybugs 'N From Above (LNL) during the Chinese New Year in February. Here is the website with more of her pictures, and pictures of her orphanage: http://permannnewscorner.spaces.live.com
Of the first 165 pictures, currently on the site, The Gaoyou SWI pictures are the last 32 pictures. Jennifer told me that I could email them to myself, but I don't have the ability to do that for some reason.
Jennifer Permann did a wonderful job taking such amazing pictures of her trip. Thank you so much, Jennifer, for delivering a message to Jiliang's orphanage and nanny about her with such short notice (she got my message only several hours before her trip to the orphanage), and for giving us the gift of seeing these wonderful pictures. Jiliang could stare at them over and over again.
Gao Ji Fang is the beautiful little girl in the red coat. Please keep Jiliang's best friend in your thoughts and prayers that she will be with her forever family soon.
Jill :)


Such precious photos. Connecting with your daughter's SWI listserv is priceless. We met up with five families last Oct in Disney World who were Josie's orphanage roommates. It was priceless to see them all together again.
ReplyDeletePS. In addition to her heart issues, our daughter was born with 2 thumbs. I'll always have a special place for heart/hand children.
That's awesome. Our group meets each year too. What an awesome gift for our kids! I have my eyes set on Disney this summer if things heal well. If not, then Christmas.
ReplyDeleteI definitely a special place for hearts and hand deformities as well. It is so great to hear your success story by Dr. Ohye.
Jill,
ReplyDeleteIf I could only get Mark on board...
Love,
Cathy