"When life gives you rain, God gives you rainbows." ~ Unknown Author

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Friday, April 9, 2010

Jiliang's Catheterization - Going Well ~ and some Goose (Koeppe) humor



Jiliang is currently undergoing her catheterization for her heart. The procedure was delayed by over a couple of hours. Whew! We feel seemingly calm, considering the fact that she has a small object maneuvering around through her heart. The nurse just did a status check on her and reported that she is doing well, and remaining calm. Our little girl is such a trooper. She is such an inspiration to me.
They have taken some pressures in her pulmonary arteries and her lungs. They have been able to take some pictures inside her heart as well. They may need to inject some dye if needed, but I don’t think that is going to be the case today. After the Catheterization procedure, she will need to lie still in the recovery area for 4-6 hours. Wow. That is going to be a challenge.
I will keep you all posted on her status. Unfortunately, we may not have any answers today after her prognosis or an action plan to do or not do surgery. That will hard if we end up waiting through the weekend. Hopefully we will get some good news, but if not, we will wait for the answers that we so desperately need.
On the bright side, they are going to have a team of University of Michigan Cardiologists review the results and make their recommendations. On Monday, I stated that I wanted every possible treatment plan, from the most conservative approach (no surgery) to the most risky, non-conservative approach. I think it is important to have all of options at our disposal. I am praying for corrective surgery, to prolong her life.
I have to laugh, because we have maintained our usual Koeppe humor throughout this ordeal. Our closet is hallowed out, and Scott is going to find the time to put a storage organizer and racks in it, when he gets the time. LOL. A few weeks ago, I wrote about the free dresser that we were given after a Saline Church Rummage Sale. Remember, the one that was going to be such a blessing? Well, it didn’t fit in my car, so Scott went to pick it up the next day and it was gone. Seriously, even with a note on it. Someone took it! I have to laugh, because it was pretty ugly anyways; but I was trying to be thankful that it met our needs and after a trip to China and back, I have no place for fanciness. Just look at my wardrobe - That's where I need to start. He he.
However, that brings me to the point that our clothes are piled in baskets, as we have little dresser room and no closet room. Finding an outfit to wear is always a daily trial. I laid out a fire department sweatshirt and a comfy pair of jeans. Before we left, Scott challenged what I was wearing, because I was wearing his work sweatshirt. “You’re not supposed to advertise.” Honestly, I just wanted a warm, comfortable, hooded sweatshirt, and the zipper on my Chicago hoodie broke. After giving him a hard time, like I always do, I realized that I would not want him wearing a shirt with my work on it –although, that would be completely different in my opinion – I agreed to put on a new sweatshirt.
Twenty minutes from the hospital, I tell Scott, “Okay, I changed my sweatshirt, now I want you to let me play my my Joel Osteen CD.” It was an inspirational CD. Oh no, not Joel, "I hear that every Sunday." He begrudgingly agreed to turn off his radio to allow for me to listen to my man, Joel; and he cringed when the music came on: "Discover the champion in you". I am not making fun of Joel, as I am a huge fan - no, my husband is just super NON-sentimental." No sooner did we hit Ann Arbor and your typical kamikaze pedestrians, did Scott’s road rage kick in. It is hard to be inspired when your husband is calling people names that I wouldn’t write here - not that they don't spontaneously fly out of my mouth when I'm driving in Ann Arbor. If you are familiar with Ann Arbor, pedestrians just walk right out in front of you, which is annoying, especially when you miss your turn multiple times, because of the ignorant pedestrians who don't even look. Even though I lived and worked in the Ann Arbor area for years, I never ceases to annoy you, especially when you are enroute to the U of M Hospital.
Anyhow, we are managing to keep our sense of humor and we are hanging in there. We appreciate your prayers and will keep you posted.
Jill :)

1 comment:

  1. Jill, I have a dresser not being used in my basement if you want it. Not the prettiest thing in the world but it works. Let me know-Jason Sperle

    ReplyDelete