"When life gives you rain, God gives you rainbows." ~ Unknown Author

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

T.J.'s Survival Flight Pictures

Things to do when your little sis is in the PICU:
The dispatch center was pretty interesting. I vaguely remember being there many years ago, when I was a U of M dispatcher doing a ride-along one night. Dispatchers, J.J. and Carl, were really wonderful to my son. Thanks.


Checking out one of the blades


Who's having more fun? Mommy or T.J.?


Thanks Pilot Jeff. You made my little boy's day, and you did it with such genuine kindness, professionalism and good humor!


He wanted to know about everything.


Future pilot?


This is the helicopter that he actually sat in.


Thanks U of M for making my kid smile like that.


T.J. is telling Papa Harvey about his helicopter adventure. Everyone knows that "Harv" is a huge U of M fan.

I told T.J. that Papa Harvey and Papa Koeppe have both been in a Life Flight helicopter before. T.J. and I both loved the Survival Flight tour. It gives you a new appeciation on life-saving, especially when you have two people in your life alive and well, because of such incredible aircrafts.

4 comments:

  1. Very cool!!! I'm glad T.J. is getting to see other parts of the hospital. PICU can be so depressing. Hugs to your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a great bunch of updates (sorry - I've been away - but not from praying for you guys!) Glad to hear that things are going this well - ya'll are way tougher than us!

    hugs - aus and co.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful for TJ to get such an individual, close-up tour! What a nice way to beighten the day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear TJ,
    Thank you so much for letting your mom share your awesome helicopter adventure at the hospital! Your pictures are GREAT! You really looked like you were ready to fly it all by yourself! lol, jk! I have lots of questions for you! I'd like to take the same tour you and your mom did. I also want to say how proud I am to be your friend! Your are the best brother that Jiliang could ever ask for! You really look out for her, and are making sure she is being taken care of by the hospital staff and Mom and Dad! I miss you and look forward to seeing you real soon. Please give Jiliang my love, and please let her know that I am thinking about her, and praying for her everyday, as well as for you and your parents! Love and Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete